Farmers Market - Opening May 30
St. John’s Episcopal Church
750 Aurora Avenue, Naperville
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
About the Farmers Market at St. John’s:
- In its sixth year, the Market is run by a dedicated group of volunteers under the auspices of the St. John’s Outreach Board.
- Vendors pay a space rental fee, with the net proceeds providing monetary contributions to a wide range of charities on a local, national and international basis. In 2017 these funds helped support Loaves and Fishes, Hesed House, Trinity Sandwich Board, the Naperville Chaplains Association, and Feed My Starving Children among others.
- Aside from the space rental fee vendors keep any profits they make thru sales.
Where is the Market located?
- The Market is located on the southeast corner of St. John’s Episcopal Church parking lot at the corner of West Street and Oswego Road in Naperville. Access to St. John’s parking lot is off Aurora Avenue or on Oswego Road.
When is the Market open and what are the hours of operation?
- The Market is open on Wednesday afternoons from 3 to 7 PM for 16 weeks beginning May 30 and running thru September 19. Note we will be closed on July 4.
How many vendors are there?
- Each week we will have an average of 22 vendors.
What do the vendors offer for sale?
- In addition locally grown, seasonally fresh vegetables and fruits including organic, our Market offers vendors selling honey, meat, farm fresh eggs, luscious bakery items, fresh cut flowers, jams, fresh fish, freshly squeezed juices, olive oil, vinegar, teas, spices, pottery, packaged gourmet foods, natural skin care products and so much more.
Are there options for dinner?
- Yes! In fact we have a variety of choices including freshly baked empanadas, tacos, tortas, burritos, and nachos which are all ready to eat. Or you can take home Cajun foods or Italian Beef to just heat and eat.
Do vendors accept credit cards?
- Many do, but it’s best to bring cash.
Are there handicapped parking spaces available and is the market wheelchair accessible?
- Yes, we do indeed have handicapped parking spaces available just steps away from the market, and are all on the same level as the market allowing for easy wheelchair access.
Are there bathroom facilities available?
- Yes for both patrons and vendors.
Is the Market open even when it rains?
- Yes! All booths are tented, so we will be open even when it rains. However, if the weather is really threatening, we may be forced to cancel out of an abundant concern for the safety of both our shoppers and our vendors. Any closings will be noted on our Facebook page (Farmers Market at St. John’s/Naperville).
Are pets allowed in the market?
- Yes! We are a pet friendly market.
Are there any special events planned for 2018?
- Yes! This year we have two planned:
- June 13 will be a celebration of Flag Day with one lucky patron winning a beautiful American Flag that has flown over the U.S. Capital in Washington, D.C.
- August 8, in honor of National Farmers Market week, we will be offering tastes of freshly grilled produce, and will be awarding vendor supplied prizes.
Does the Market have a lost and found?
- Personal items left behind will be kept in the Church office. Call 630.355.0467 for additional information.
How can I find information about becoming a vendor?
- Although we are sold out for 2018, you are welcome to inquire about our 2019 season by sending an email to
St. John’s Episcopal Church was established in 1850 as the first Episcopal parish in DuPage County. St. John’s vision is to lead lives as Disciples of Christ, growing and maturing in faith and sharing that faith with others.