Welcome to St. John's! Here at St. John's, the Sunday sermon revolves around Scripture and how it can affect our lives. We hope these sermons will inspire and inform you.
Living Close to God (8:00)
Please click on the title of this sermon to find Pastor Verna's list of "11 Ways to Live a Life Close to God."
Ways to LIVE A LIFE CLOSE TO GOD
1. WORSHIP - Corporate and Private
2. PRAYER - A.C.T.S. (including praise, petition and intercession)
3. SCRIPTURE READING AND STUDY
4. DAILY DEVOTIONS - Spending time with God
5. LISTENING AND LEARNING FROM OTHER GODLY PREACHERS AND TEACHERS IN THE BODY OF CHRIST
6. SPIRITUAL FRIENDSHIPS - Iron sharpens iron
7. SPIRITUAL MENTORING - Helping others grow in Christ
8. RECREATION - Play and refreshment
9. SERVICE - Serving others in Christ's Name - in the church and in the community
10> RETREAT - Spending concentrated and consecrated time with God away from your normal routine to focus on your spiritual life.
11. LIVING AND CELEBRATING RELIGIOUS FEASTS AND HOLIDAYS - Sabbath, Easter, Christmas, Holy Week, etc.