Farmers Market 2019
St. John’s Episcopal Church
750 Aurora Avenue, Naperville
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
About the Farmers Market at St. John’s:
- In its seventh year, the Market is run by a dedicated group of volunteers under the auspices of the St. John’s Outreach Board.
- Vendors pay a space rental fee, with the net proceeds providing monetary contributions to a wide range of charities on a local, national and international basis. In 2018 these funds helped support Loaves and Fishes, Hesed House, Trinity Sandwich Board, the Naperville Chaplains Association, and Feed My Starving Children among others.
- Aside from the space rental fee vendors keep any profits they make thru sales.
Where is the Market located?
- The Market is located on the southeast corner of St. John’s Episcopal Church parking lot at the corner of West Street and Aurora Avenue in Naperville, just across from Naperville Central High School. Access to St. John’s parking lot is off Aurora Avenue or on Oswego Road.
When is the Market open and what are the hours of operation?
- The Market is open on Wednesday afternoons from 3 to 7 PM for 16 weeks beginning May 29 and running thru September 18. Note we will be closed on July 3.
How many vendors are there?
- Each week we will have an average of 20 vendors.
What do the vendors offer for sale?
- In addition to locally grown, seasonally fresh vegetables and fruits including USDA Certified Organic our Market offers honey, meat (Angus Beef & Pork), farm fresh eggs, luscious bakery items, fresh cut flowers, jams, fresh fish, freshly squeezed juices, olive oil, vinegar, pasta, olives, mushrooms, fresh (never frozen) fish, crab cakes, microgreens, snow cones, and coffee.
Are there options for dinner?
- Yes! In fact, we have a variety of choices including freshly baked empanadas, tacos, tortas, burritos, and nachos which are all ready to enjoy in our new eating area. Or you can take home Cajun Red Beans & Rice or Gumbo to heat and eat.
Do vendors accept credit cards?
- The majority do, but it’s best to bring some cash.
Are there handicapped parking spaces available and is the market wheelchair accessible?
- Yes, we do indeed have handicapped parking spaces available just steps away from the market, and are all on the same level as the market allowing for easy wheelchair access.
Are there bathroom facilities available?
- Yes for both patrons and vendors.
Is the Market open even when it rains?
- Yes! All booths are tented, so we will be open even when it rains. However, if the weather is really threatening, we may be forced to cancel out of an abundant concern for the safety of both our shoppers and our vendors. Any closings will be noted on on-site signs or on our Facebook page (Farmers Market at St. John’s/Naperville).
Are pets allowed in the market?
- Yes! We are a pet friendly market.
Are there any special events planned for 2019?
- Yes! This year we have three planned for this year:
- June 12 will be a celebration of Flag Day. Enter our contest to win a beautiful American Flag that has flown over the U.S. Capital in Washington, D.C in our honor.
- July 17, for our 100th Market we will be giving away $100 for one lucky shopper to spend in our Market.
- August 7, in honor of National Farmers Market week, we will be giving away vendor supplied prizes.
Does the Market have a lost and found?
- Personal items left behind will be kept in the Church office. Call 630.355.0467 for additional information.
How can I find information about becoming a vendor?
- Two slots remain to be rented for 2019 (as of May 12). We are looking for additional food vendors of particular interest are bakers, jarred sauces, salsas, bread or cheese. If interested call the church office (number listed above) or send an email to We do not accept vendors offering services.
St. John’s Episcopal Church was established in 1850 as the first Episcopal parish in DuPage County. St. John’s vision is to lead lives as Disciples of Christ, growing and maturing in faith and sharing that faith with others.