Farmers Market 2017
St. John’s Episcopal Church
750 Aurora Avenue, Naperville
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
About the Farmers Market at St. John’s:
- In its fifth year, the Market is run by a dedicated group of volunteers under the auspices of the St. John’s Outreach Board.
- Vendors pay a space rental fee, with the net proceeds helping to fund youth mission trips as well as providing monetary contributions to a wide range of charities on a local, national and international basis. In 2016 these funds helped support Loaves and Fishes, Hesed House, Trinity Sandwich Board, the Naperville Chaplains’ Association, and Feed My Starving Children among others.
- Aside from the space rental fee vendors keep any profits they make through sales.
Where is the Market located?
- The Market is located on the southeast corner of St. John’s Episcopal Church parking lot at the corner of West Street and Oswego Road in Naperville. Access to St. John’s parking lot is off Aurora Avenue or Oswego Road.
When is the Market open and what are the hours of operation?
- The Market is open on Wednesday afternoons from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m. beginning June 7 and running through September 20 (16 weeks).
How many vendors are there?
- We have 20 full-season vendors, plus an additional 7 on a part-time or guest vendor basis. Each week we will have between 21 and 24 vendors on-site.
What do the vendors offer for sale?
- Locally grown, seasonally fresh vegetables and fruits, including organic, our Market has local vendors selling honey, meat, cheese, farm fresh eggs, bread and other bakery items, fresh cut flowers, jams, pickles, candies, sauces, nut butters, fresh fish, e, freshly squeezed juices, empanadas baked on site, kettle corn, olive oil, vinegars, dog food and treats AND as a special treat for children, the Naperville Public Library will be offering story time with a craft or game every half-hour.
Do vendors accept credit cards?
- Many do, but cash may be needed in some cases.
Are there handicapped parking spaces available and is the market wheelchair accessible?
- Yes, we do indeed have handicapped parking spaces available just steps away from the market, which are all on the same level as the market allowing for wheelchair access.
Are there bathroom facilities available?
- Yes for both patrons and vendors.
Is the Market open even when it rains?
- Yes! All booths are tented, so we will be open even when it rains. However, if the weather is really threatening, we may be forced to cancel as we are concerned about the safety of both our shoppers and our vendors. Any closings will be noted on our Facebook page (Farmers Market at St. John’s Naperville).
Are pets allowed in the market?
- Yes! We are a pet friendly market.
Are there any special events planned for 2017?
- Yes! This year we have three planned: June 7 - opening day - we will be passing out free, reusable shopping bags to the first 300 shoppers! June 28 will be a celebration of Independence Day with one lucky patron winning a beautiful American flag that has flown over the U.S. Capitol Building in Washington, D.C. August 9 - in honor of National Farmers Market Week, we will be offering tastes of freshly grilled produce, and will be awarding vendor supplied prizes.
Does the Market have a lost and found?
- Personal items left behind will be kept in the Church office. Call 630.355.0467 for additional information.
How can I find information about becoming a vendor?
- Although we are sold out for 2017 you are welcome to inquire about our 2018 season by sending an e-mail to
St. John’s Episcopal Church was established in 1850 as the first Episcopal parish in DuPage County. St. John’s vision is to lead lives as disciples of Christ, growing and maturing in faith and sharing that faith with others.